Zoodle Nest w Egg, Tomato, Basil & Ricotta Salata
Spiralized zucchini noodles are a tasty, healthy base for eggs, tomato and basil in this beautiful, delicious breakfast dish. Ricotta salata tops it off with the perfect hit of zingy flavor for a special treat for one, or you can easily multiply the recipe to serve a crowd.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini from 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 TB crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- 2 TB chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium nonstick sauté pan.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add zoodles, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Create a well in the center and gently add egg. Cook, uncovered for an additional 3-4 minutes or until whites are set and yolk is done to your liking.
- Garnish with cheese and basil and serve.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 1648mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 55.4% | Vitamin C: 129.7% | Calcium: 14.6% | Iron: 16.3%