Yummy, Gooey Rocky Road Bar Cookie
Rickly delicious, these bar cookies bake up quickly with very little fuss. Try substituting almonds or pecans for the walnuts as a fun twist.
- 4 oz chocolate wafer cookies if using Nabisco, 18 cookies
- 3 TB unsalted butter melted
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup mini marshmallows coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10x6” glass baking pan with cooking spray. Process cookies in a food processor to a fine crumb (or place in a large zippered baggie and crush with a rolling pin). (Crushed cookies should yield 1 cup crumbs). Toss crumbs with butter and salt. Press evenly into bottom of baking pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and walnuts in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of crumbs. Drizzle top with condensed milk and top with marshmallow pieces. Bake for 15 minutes or until chocolate melts and marshmallows begin to brown. Cool completely in refrigerator before serving.
Spray your knife with cooking spray before chopping marshmallows to help keep them from sticking.