Basil brings watermelon a surprising depth that makes for a sophisticated flavor in this summery granita. Try it as the perfect dessert after your next barbecue or warm weather brunch.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/3 seedless watermelon cut into chunks 6 cups
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 TB chopped fresh basil additional for garnish
- Purée watermelon and lemon. Add basil & pulse to combine then pour into a pie plate or 9” square pan. Freeze for 30 minutes and then stir frozen bits into center.
- Continue to stir and scrape frozen fruit from edges to center every 30 mins until granita is completely frozen, ~ 4hours.
- Garnish with basil chiffonade when serving.
For the perfect snow-cone texture break granita mixture up with a fork and pulse in a food processor. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 29.4% | Vitamin C: 25.5% | Calcium: 1.8% | Iron: 3.3%