Warm Lentil Salad with Tomatoes, Rosemary & Pancetta
This delicious side is delicious paired with roast chicken or pork for a cozy meal on a cold night. French lentils retain their shape and bite, and are super satisfying in this simple one-pan wonder.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices pancetta 3 oz
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup French green lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Heat oil in a medium sized non-stick sauce pan. Add pancetta and cook on medium, stirring frequently, until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onion and cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add lentils, stock, tomatoes and rosemary bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook ~30 minutes or until lentils are tender.