Warm Kale Salad w Onion, Mushroom & Egg
Get your daily leafy greens with this warm, hearty kale salad topped with protein-packed slices of hard-boiled egg. A tasty cider vinaigrette with grainy mustard and thyme tops it off just right.
Servings: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups sliced red onion
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushroom
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups baby kale
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 TB warm water
- 4 tsp grainy mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Whisk together Cider Vinaigrette ingredients.
- Coat a large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly softened and beginning to brown.
- Divide kale across 4 bowls and top evenly with sautéed vegetables. Toss with prepared Cider Vinaigrette and top each with 1 sliced hard-boiled egg.
Optional: Add 3 oz grilled chicken. Spray thin sliced chicken cutlet lightly with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill until firm and cooked through. Slice thinly and top salad.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 970mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 13665IU | Vitamin C: 165.4mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 3mg