Veggie Curry Baked Potatoes
Use baked potatoes as a base for this delicious, comfort food meal. Cauliflower, eggplant and chickpeas come together with curry, ginger and cumin to create a savory, satisfying topping. This recipe makes enough to top 4 baked potatoes.
- 1 ½ cups onion
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB minced ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chick peas
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Optional: fat free Greek yogurt cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry, cumin, and coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp tender.
- Stir in chick peas, vegetable broth, and lime juice and simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to meld
For the tastiest baked potatoes, scrub and poke with a fork, bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Scoop out flesh and mash with some fat free Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper to taste. Spoon back into the shell and top.