Toss together this chunky sauté for a hearty meal that's chock full of healthy veggies. Delicious on its own, it's also amazing with cooked pasta or served with a wheat roll.
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion 1 small
- 1 ½ cups chopped cremini mushroom
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets only
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage thinly sliced
- 2 TB dry red wine
- ¼ cup bottled tomato sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp fine grated pecorino cheese
Heat oil over medium high heat in a non-stick sauté pan.Add onion, mushroom, and broccoli and cook for 5-10 minutes, until onion is softened.Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and sausage and cook for additional minute.Add wine to pan and let reduce for 1 minute.Stir in tomato sauce and baby spinach.Cook to heat through and wilt spinach.Top with pecorino cheese and serve.
You can substitute frozen broccoli for fresh, just add it with the sausage so it doesn’t get too mushy.