- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 19 oz cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes drained
- 5 oz package baby spinach
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp TB vegan butter substitute
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan substitute
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 10x6” glass casserole with cooking spray.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Add onion and 1 tsp kosher salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Add wine and cook until evaporated. Add beans, tomatoes, spinach, rosemary, and lemon juice and cook until heated through and spinach has wilted. Pour into prepared casserole pan.
Microwave butter in a large bowl to melt. Toss in breadcrumbs, parmesan substitute, and additional 1 tsp kosher salt until completely combined. Spread across bean mixture and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
You could also make this dish in individual gratins for a pretty presentation.