Vegan 3-Bean Salad with Crunchy Potatoes
Update this traditional picnic staple with edamame for additional protein and warm, crispy potatoes for a super-satisfying vegan meal. Vegan 3-Bean Salad with Crunchy Potatoes
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb red baby potatoes washed and quartered
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb haricot vert washed, trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shelled, edamame
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Roast for 25 minutes in bottom 1/3 of oven (or until potatoes are well browned all over and crispy), stirring once half-way through.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a rapid boil.
- Cook haricot vert for 4-5 minutes or until tender to the bite (but not soft).
- Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Combine haricot vert, kidney beans, edamame, and red onion in a medium serving bowl.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tsp olive oil, cider vinegar, dill, Dijon mustard, garlic, and remaining 1 tsp salt.
- Pour over 3-bean mixture and toss well.
- When potatoes are done, fold into dressed 3-bean salad and serve immediately.
Although this dish is best eaten warm while the potatoes are crispy, leftovers still make a yummy side dish. Just drizzle a little additional cider vinegar over the salad to freshen it up.