Umami Mushroom Bites
Stuffed mushroom caps get a burst of flavor from garlic, rosemary and thyme. A bit of truffle salt at the end makes them the perfect, upscale appetizer for your next cocktail party or event.
Servings: 16 mushroom caps
- 16 cremini mushrooms stems removed
- 2 shallots minced
- 4 oz package mixed gourmet mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 1 tsp minced thyme additional for garnish
- 3 TB minced red pepper
- optional truffle salt for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cremini mushrooms on a foil lined pan and spray lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Pat dry.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook shallots & mixed mushrooms over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, herbs, and red pepper and cook for an additional minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper or finish with truffle salt.
- Stuff sautéed veggies into mushroom caps and serve garished with thyme.
May be made ahead and rewarmed before serving.
Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 125mg | Vitamin A: 1.1% | Vitamin C: 3.2% | Calcium: 0.5% | Iron: 0.8%