Turkey Sausage Strata with Goat Cheese & Roasted Peppers
This hearty strata would be a beautiful addition to any brunch or potluck lunch. Prep it before your guests arrive, then bake it just before serving.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb spicy turkey sausage casing removed, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 16 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted peppers rinsed and drained well
- 12 oz baguette diced
- 2 quarts egg substitute
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large lasagna pan (or foil pan if bringing to a party) with cooking spray. Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage, onion, and mushrooms, stirring often to break up sausage, until sausage is lightly browned, onions are softened, and all liquid from mushrooms is evaporated (about 20 minutes).
- Add roasted peppers to pan. Combine sausage/veggie mixture in prepared lasagna pan with bread cubes. Whisk together egg substitute, salt and pepper and pour over mixture and top with goat cheese then cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour covered and approximately 30 minutes uncovered or until strata is set.