Turkey Chili Baked Potatoes
Make a fantastic, family-friendly meal using baked potatoes as a base for an easy comfort-food dinner. Fire roasted tomatoes join ground turkey and chili spices for a delicious topping that will please even your pickiest eaters.This recipe makes enough to top 4 baked potatoes.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Optional: salsa fat free Greek yogurt, & scallions for garnish
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for 30 seconds. Add turkey and salt and cook for 10 minutes, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for an additional 5 minutes for flavors to meld.
For the tastiest baked potatoes, scrub and poke with a fork, bake on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Scoop out flesh and mash with some fat free Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper to taste. Spoon back into the shell and top.