Tuna Salad with Asian Ginger Dressing
Transform your usual grilled tuna into something super special with a delicious marinade and flavorful creamy ginger dressing. Try it as is or tuck it into a pita for a gourmet picnic dish.
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 lb tuna steak at least 1” thick
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil. Spoon 3 TB soy sauce mixture into a separate bowl and combine with mayonnaise and warm water.
- Cover and chill creamy dressing until ready to serve. Pour remaining soy sauce mixture over tuna steak and toss to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 4 to marinade. Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Coat grill well with cooking spray. Grill tuna for 3-4 minutes per side or until grill marks are evident (for medium-rare, cook longer for well done). Let rest for 1-2 minutes and then slice thinly across the grain.
- Assemble greens, cucumber, tomatoes, and carrot on plates (or toss together in a large bowl). Drizzle salad with dressing, top with tuna, and garnish with scallions.
Tuna can be grilled ahead of time and served chilled or room temperature.