Indulge in the flavors of the Mediterranean with fresh olives and tomatoes in this tasty and hearty salad.
- 1 ½ cups wheat berries soaked overnight
- 1 ½ cups seeded chopped tomato
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup light balsamic dressing such as Newman’s Own
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
Drain and rinse wheat berries. Place in a medium sized saucepan and cover with several inches of water. Add ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Simmer wheat berries (partially covered) for 1 hour or until tender. Drain completely. Combine with remaining ingredients and serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
Feel free to use other light vinaigrettes you have on hand for a slight flavor variation. And if mint isn’t your thing, basil would be a fine substitute.