Chunky, veggie-packed gazpacho is a summer favorite, and the addition of a shrimp garnish uplevels it so it's a perfect, party-ready treat. Try serving it in a martini glass for an adorable presentation that will wow the crowd.
- 1 English cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and seeded
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes cored
- 16 oz tomato or vegetable juice such as V-8
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 TB high quality olive oil
- 1 TB sherry vinegar
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 8 large cooked shrimp
- Additional dill and fresh lemon for garnish
Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and tomato into chunks. Pulse each (individually) in food processor to a small dice. Combine with juice, shallot, olive oil, sherry vinegar, and dill and chill thoroughly for at least one hour or up to overnight.
When ready to serve spoon gazpacho into serving glasses and top with diced avocado, one shrimp, and additional dill. Serve with optional squeeze of fresh lemon juice.