Tomato Avocado Gazpacho w Shrimp
Chunky, veggie-packed gazpacho is a summer favorite, and the addition of a shrimp garnish uplevels it so it's a perfect, party-ready treat. Try serving it in a martini glass for an adorable presentation that will wow the crowd.
- 1 English cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and seeded
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes cored
- 16 oz tomato or vegetable juice such as V-8
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 TB high quality olive oil
- 1 TB sherry vinegar
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 8 large cooked shrimp
- Additional dill and fresh lemon for garnish
- Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and tomato into chunks. Pulse each (individually) in food processor to a small dice. Combine with juice, shallot, olive oil, sherry vinegar, and dill and chill thoroughly for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve spoon gazpacho into serving glasses and top with diced avocado, one shrimp, and additional dill. Serve with optional squeeze of fresh lemon juice.