Tandoori Marinated Shrimp Skewers
A tasty yogurt-based marinade lends incredibly authentic Indian flavor to simple grilled shrimp skewers. Try the marinade on grilled scallops or cubed chicken skewers as a delicious option.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lb large peeled deveined shrimp
- 4 large skewers
- 2 tbsp TB chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine yogurt and spices in a large bowl. Toss with shrimp and marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in refrigerator. Divide shrimp across skewers .
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium high heat. Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through and slightly firm. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.