This fun vegetarian pita features super-flavorful grilled cauliflower steaks topped with a seriously addictive and easy to prep Indian-spiced Cucumber Raita. This unique dish is a painless way to eat more veggies and is sure to become a healthy Meatless Monday favorite!
Tandoori Grilled Cauliflower Pitas w Cucumber Raita
- 1 head cauliflower small
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 4 pieces red leaf lettuce large
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 TB cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lime cut in wedges for serving
- To make Cucumber Raita – combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 day ahead.
- To make Cauliflower Steaks – trim leaves from cauliflower and cut into quarters, cutting through the center/core. Cut each quarter into 2 “steaks”, keeping center core intact.
- Mix together olive oil, curry powder, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss all 8 cauliflower “steaks” in mixture to coat.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Cook cauliflower “steaks” for 4-5 minutes per side or until charred and fork tender.
- To assemble pitas – place one leaf lettuce on sandwich thin and arrange 2 steaks to fit. Top with Cucumber Raita and serve immediately.