Sweet Potato Quick Bread with Pumpkin Seeds
Indulge in the flavors of Thanksgiving any time of the year. This is amazing as a breakfast bread, with tea or as a unique side to roasted chicken.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- ½ cup egg substitute or 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB roasted salted pumpkin seeds pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a standard sized loaf pan with butter flavored cooking spray. In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Place sweet potato, egg substitute/eggs, applesauce, sugars, vegetable oil & vanilla in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer and beat on medium for 3-5 minutes until well combined. Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan, sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and bake 55-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool well before removing from pan.