Sweet Potato Poutine with Mushrooms
A tasty take on traditional poutine, this lightened up version combines roasted sweet potatoes, crumbled cheese curds, and savory mushroom gravy. It's so delicious, you may never go back to the regular version again!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-1/2” sticks
- 3/4 cup low fat cheese curds crumbled
- 1/2 cup bottled savory mushroom gravy such as Heinz
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 and line two cookie sheets with parchment. Heat gravy in a small saucepan and keep warm. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil and salt spread evenly across cookie sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until well-browned, stirring once and rotating pan positions half-way through. Pile sweet potato fries on plate, sprinkle with cheese, smother with warm gravy, and garnish with chives.