Sweet Potato Toast!
Give your usual breakfast toast a fun and healthy makeover by swapping in superfood sweet potato toast for the bread. Just drop slices of sweet potato in your toaster or toaster oven for a yummy, gluten-free, lower carb toast alternative in minutes. Give my classic Bacon Egg & Cheese on Sweet Potato Toast a try, or see below for other topping ideas!
Servings: 12 serving
- 2 ¼" thick slices large sweet potato
- cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 TB chopped scallion
- Place sweet potato slices in toaster or toaster oven, and toast on highest setting until lightly browned and fork tender. It may take two or three rounds depending on your appliance, just flip slices each time for even toasting.
- While potatoes are toasting fry eggs in a nonstick sauté pan coated with cooking spray to desired done-ness. Top each sweet potato slice with 1 TB shredded cheddar, 1 slice crumbled bacon, 1 fried egg, and 1 TB scallion.
Other flavor ideas? Try your fave mashed avocado or guacamole with chopped veggies to top your sweet potato toast ... or for a sweet spin, spread with almond or peanut butter and banana or apple slices.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 209mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105.3% | Vitamin C: 2.7% | Calcium: 23.8% | Iron: 6.5%