Strawberry-Yogurt Whole Wheat Pancakes
A touch of yogurt in the batter results in pancakes with a tender rich crumb. Top them with yogurt and strawberries for a delicious, filling breakfast treat.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp table salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 TB honey
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- 2/3 plus ½ cup fat free vanilla yogurt divided
- 2 TB canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest additional for garnish
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- cooking spray
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, honey, milk, 2/3 cup yogurt, canola oil, and lemon zest. Fold in chopped strawberries. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until set. Serve 4 pancakes topped with 2 TB yogurt, and 2 TB sliced strawberries, garnished with lemon zest.