Strawberry-Cream Mini Pavlovas
Initially made in honor of the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova, these elegant desserts are a sweet finish for any spring or summer meal. This easy-to-serve miniature version is perfect with decadent fresh whipped cream and juicy ripe strawberries.
Servings: 12 mini pavlovas
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 3 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Draw 6 2 ½” circles on each sheet of paper (use a wide mouthed glass as a guide) and flip paper over.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. While beating, slowly add in sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until the mixture is thick and shiny. Sprinkle cornstarch and vanilla over egg mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into all 12 circles and use the back of the spoon to create a smooth circle with a small nest-like indent. Bake for 1 hour or until set on the outside. Turn oven off and leave pavlovas in the oven until completely cool.
- When ready to serve beat together whipped cream and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon ¼ cup whipped cream on each pavlova, top with ¼ cup strawberries and garnish each with mint. Serve immediately.
Mini pavlovas can be made up to 2 days ahead of serving. Keep them in an airtight container in a cool dry place.