A take on traditional steak house sides, this poutine invokes the flavors of roasted baby potatoes, mushroom gravy, and blue cheese. Add some grilled or roasted beef tenderloin for a savory, satisfying meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes washed and quartered
- 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil. divided
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 1 8 oz package of sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¾ cup low fat bottled beef gravy
- ¾ tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 TB crumbled blue cheese
- 3 TB minced chives
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a cookie sheet with parchment or cooking spray lined foil. Toss potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt and spread across sheet. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned and crispy (stir once during cooking).
- While potatoes roast heat ½ tsp olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add onion, mushrooms, and remaining ½ tsp salt and sauté for 7-8 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, gravy, and vinegar and bring to a boil. Keep warm.
- When ready to serve, drizzle potatoes with gravy and top with crumbled blue cheese and chives.