Spring Pea Soup w Lemon-Herb Drizzle
Bright and tasty, this silky spring pea soup is a delicious dish that's so simple to make. Greek yogurt gives it a creamy texture and a lemon-herb drizzle takes it over the top!
Servings: 8 cups
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups chopped leeks white and light green parts
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 10 oz packages frozen baby peas
- ½ cup silken tofu
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 TB lemon juice
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- optional additional fresh mint for garnish
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves packed
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley packed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives packed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Coat a large nonstick stockpot with cooking spray. Add leeks, onion, and 1 tsp salt and cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chicken broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender. Off the heat, add tofu, mint, and parsley, salt, and lemon juice and puree using an immersion blender or in batches in the blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Top each bowl of soup with yogurt and drizzle with lemon herb purée when serving.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 1060mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 21.9% | Vitamin C: 19.7% | Calcium: 5.7% | Iron: 7.2%