- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups chopped leeks white and light green parts
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 10 oz packages frozen baby peas
- ½ cup silken tofu
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 TB lemon juice
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- optional additional fresh mint for garnish
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves packed
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley packed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives packed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Coat a large nonstick stockpot with cooking spray. Add leeks, onion, and 1 tsp salt and cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
Add the chicken broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender. Off the heat, add tofu, mint, and parsley, salt, and lemon juice and puree using an immersion blender or in batches in the blender.
Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Top each bowl of soup with yogurt and drizzle with lemon herb purée when serving.