Spinach, Tomato & White Bean Stew
This is a great, hearty stew that you can make super fast using your pantry staples. Serve it over brown rice or whole wheat pasta for a delicious, cozy meal. You can also freeze it for an easy dinner any time.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped (~1 ½ cups)
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes in own juice undrained
- 3 15 oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz jar roasted peppers in water drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and ½ tsp salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add rosemary, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and peppers to pan and mash beans slightly with a potato masher.
- Working in batches, use tongs to toss in spinach. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until spinach is thoroughly wilted, stirring half-way through. Stir in basil and remaining ½ tsp salt and serve.