Spicy Mexican Salad with Black Beans & Hominy
This bright, fresh salad is perfect as a side to grilled meats and it makes a fun, tasty dip for tortilla chips.
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 seeded minced jalapeño
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp table salt
- Combine beans, hominy, tomatoes, pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together lime juice, honey, olive oil, cumin and salt. Pour over black bean and hominy mixture and toss well to combine.