Spicy Chipotle, Bacon & Cheddar Sliders
Bacon and cheddar sliders get a spicy kick from sweet chipotle sauce. They're sure to be a hit at your next home gating party or backyard barbecue. Try making double the sauce recipe to serve alongside fries.
Servings: 24 sliders
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 tbsp canned chipotle adobo minced (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 24 pieces torn lettuce
- 6 slices bacon cooked, cut into 4 pieces widthwise
- 24 in slider buns or 8 hot dog buns cutthirds width-wise
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- To make chipotle sauce, whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- To make burgers, combine beef, onion and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into 24 - 2” patties. Coat a large nonstick griddle, grill or outdoor grill with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties for 3-4 minutes per side or until well browned. Top each with 1 TB cheese and melt. Place bacon on top of warm cheese. Serve each slider on a bun with one piece of lettuce and 1 TB chipotle sauce. Offer additional sauce on the side.
Chipotle sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Slider patties can be made the day before and stored wrapped tightly in refrigerator.