Spiced Pomegranate & Apple Sangria
Loving the winter season but missing the magic of summer sangria? Why not have both? This deliciously festive spiced sangria is the perfect recipe for any holiday occasion. Simply mix up a batch before your guests arrive, then put it out in a pitcher for them to serve themselves. Easy breezy.
- 2 bottles white wine such as Albarino or Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 ct granny smith apples thinly sliced
- 1 whole lemon thinly sliced
- 4 ct cinnamon sticks
- 3 ct whole star anise
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Combine wine, pomegranate juice, brandy, Grand Marnier, apple, lemon, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and simple syrup in a large pitcher.
- Stir well and chill for several hours to overnight. When ready to serve top with club soda for a bubbly lift.
- Serve in wine glasses or small cups over ice and garnish with pomegranate seeds.