Spiced Beef Skewers with Spanish Pimentón Potatoes
Pair juicy, succulent beef tenderloin skewers with flavorful, crispy roasted potatoes for a hearty meal. Serving a group or hosting a party? You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd hit.
Servings: 2 servings
- ½ lb beef tenderloin cut into 12 1” cubes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 12 chunks
- ½ large Spanish onion cut into 12 chunks
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¾ lb baby potatoes washed and quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika pimentón
- 4 6" bamboo skewers
- Combine beef cubes with ½ tsp olive oil, cumin, granulated garlic, 1 tsp salt, and pinch of cayenne pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 days refrigerated. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Soak 4 - 6” bamboo skewers in water for several minutes before starting.
- Toss together potatoes with remaining olive oil and salt. Spread potatoes across a cookie sheet lined with parchment or foil sprayed with cooking spray and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes total, stirring half-way through or until well-browned. Remove potatoes from oven and toss with pimento before serving.
- While potatoes roast, thread 3 pieces of beef, 3 pieces of pepper, 3 pieces of onion, and 2 tomatoes on each skewer (alternating vegetables and beef). Place on a second prepared cookie sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes (for rare beef) or 15 minutes (for medium).
Skewers can also be cooked on a stovetop grill pan or outdoor grill for 5-10 minutes or until cooked to your likeness. They can also be prepared under the broiler for 3-5 minutes per side after potatoes cook.