Broiled Spice Rubbed Steak with Fajita Veggies
A simple spice rub transforms basic flank steak for this easy one-pan weeknight supper. Enjoy it tucked into in a tortilla for Taco Tuesday or add it to rice or salad for a delicious Tex-Mex bowl.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini halved lengthwise, sliced into semicircles
- 2 large red onions thinly sliced
- Combine cumin, granulated garlic, salt, ancho chili powder, paprika, cinnamon and pepper in a small bowl. Rub flank steak with 1 tsp olive oil and 2 TB spice mixture. In a large bowl toss veggies with remaining 2 tsp olive oil and remaining spice mix. Place steak in a large foil lined roasting pan and surround with veggies. Preheat broiler to high and position rack close to flame.
- Broil steak for 5 minutes per side or until browned with an internal temp of 125 degrees for medium rare. Remove steak to rest on a cutting board, stir veggies and continue to broil for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp tender and beginning to brown. Thinly cross-slice steak against the grain and serve with veggies.
Try this dish on the grill in the summertime! Just cut the veggies into larger slices for easy turning.