Soft Zucchini Taco Shells
Check out this lighter way to enjoy hearty, delicious tacos. Stuff these tasty and easy to prepare veggie-based shells with any of your favorite fillings!
Servings: 6 shells
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup low fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 TB cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Press water out of zucchini with a paper towel.
- Combine in a large bowl with all other ingredients.
- Spoon ¼ cup mounds of batter on baking sheets (3 per sheet) and spread to a 5” diameter circle.
- Bake shells for 20 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- Let shells cool slightly before removing from pan and serving.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 128mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg