Slow Cooked Lamb Stew with Carrots & Leeks
This deliciously hearty stew is the perfect cozy winter dish. Serve it by itself or take it to full comfort level by putting it on top of mashed potatoes or celery root puree.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lb cubed and trimmed lamb leg
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 TB kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 TB minced fresh rosemary
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 3 medium leeks halved lengthwise, cut into 1 ½” pieces, washed thoroughly
- 1 lb bag baby carrots halved width-wise
- In a large bowl, toss lamb with flour, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown lamb cubes on all sides and add to crock pot. Place leeks and carrots in crock pot and stir to combine in a medium bowl, whisk together stock, mustard, rosemary and garlic. Pour over lamb and vegetables and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until lamb shreds easily. Season with additional 2 tsp kosher salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
Calories: 1426kcal | Carbohydrates: 123g | Protein: 137g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 8556mg | Potassium: 3960mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 1608.7% | Vitamin C: 79.2% | Calcium: 46.7% | Iron: 121.9%