Embrace the Caribbean flavors of jerk-seasoned chicken breasts with a fantastic combination of pineapple and sweet potatoes.
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup cilantro packed (leaves and tender end stems)
- 3 TB jerk seasoning spice no-salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ” piece ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 TB kosher salt
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB lime juice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced (1/2”, about 6 cups)
- 1 20 oz can chunk pineapple drained
- 1 large onion minced
Combine jerk marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until combined. Add chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, pineapple, and onion to a crock pot. Pour jerk marinade over all and cook for 5 hours on low, until chicken breasts are cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.