Parsnip Purée with Sage & Garlic
This silky, comforting purée is delectable alongside pan-seared fish. Try it with roast chicken as another option for a lightened up take on the French bistro staple. Prep Time:minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Yield: 4 Servings
- 2.5 lbs parsnips peeled, cubed (~7 cups)
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh sage
- Cover parsnips with salted water in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork-tender (approximately 15 minutes).
- Drain well and purée in blender or food processor with remaining ingredients.