Savory Spinach, Mozzarella & Roasted Pepper Muffins
These super easy-to-make savory muffins are unbelievably tasty. Try them as a hearty option on your next brunch buffet to give your guests a treat they'll really love.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup roasted peppers rinsed, drained well, chopped
- 1 5 oz clamshell baby spinach
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup reduced fat baking mix such as Bisquick
- 2 tbsp TB chopped fresh basil additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a standard sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cookingspray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, roasted peppers, and spinach and cook, stirring often, until spinach wilts.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and add sautéed veggies, cheese, baking mix, and basil. Divide evenly across muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly set. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tsp parmesan and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve garnished with basil.