Savory Dip with Caramelized Onions and Pita Chips
This modern and delicious take on everyone’s favorite dip is a surefire hit for your next party! Crispy Pita Chips make delicious dippers to serve on the side, just add some crudité and you’re ready to go.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp minced fresh sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Optional garnish: fresh chives
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Sandwich Thins
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Add onion, sage, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are extremely soft (~10 minutes). Stir in Whipped Cream Cheese and combine with yogurt and Worcestershire. Chill until ready to serve and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Sandwich Thins in quarters and spread, cut side up on a baking sheet. Spray cut surface lightly with cooking spray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
Try different sandwich thin varieties for fun flavor options. I personally love using "everything" sandwich thins for a super tasty chip that goes perfectly with this dip.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1448mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 16.6% | Vitamin C: 19.3% | Calcium: 25.4% | Iron: 6%