- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 TB seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek or hot sauce
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins cut horizontally into 1” cubes
- 14 oz extra firm tofu cut into 1” cubes & patted dry
- 2 red bell peppers cut into 1” chunks
- 36 cremini mushrooms stems discarded
- 1 large bunch scallions cut into 1 “ segments
- 12 skewers
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 ½ TB lime juice
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- sambal oelek or hot sauce to taste
Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sambal oelek. Drizzle over chicken cubes and tofu cubes (in separate bowls). Let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Assemble skewers making half tofu and veggies and the 2nd half chicken and veggies. Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray over medium high heat.
Cook skewers for about 10 minutes turning frequently until chicken is cooked through and tofu is crispy.
Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges and serve with a small bowl of Peanut Satay Sauce on the side.
Whisk together all ingredients. Sauce may be made up to 2 days before and kept refrigerated. Just lightly warm in the microwave and re-whisk before serving.
This recipe is easily tripled or doubled to serve a crowd!