Salmon Frittata with Cucumber-Dill Salad
Try this decadent-seeming frittata as a delicious brunch or breakfast dish. Its creaminess comes from light cream cheese.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1.5 oz diced smoked salmon ~1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp minced shallot divided, 1 large
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill divided
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Whisk egg, egg whites, salmon, 1 tsp dill, and 1 TB shallot together in a small bowl. Add dabs of cream cheese and whisk with a fork to distribute. Spray a small non-stick omelette pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture to pan, and cook for 5 minutes, until bottom begins to set. Place pan in oven under broiler (on low setting) and cook for additional 5-8 minutes until fully set on top.
- Toss together cucumber, remaining shallot and dill, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Cut frittata into wedges and serve with salad. Garnish with black pepper.
Most pans are fine to put under the broiler. If your pans handle is coated, wrap it with foil to protect it from the heat.