Sage & Orange Butternut Squash
Brighten up squash with orange and sage to create this delectable dish. Grab pre-cut squash at the market to save prep time. Just make sure the chunks are smaller, same-sized cubes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 9 cups peeled cubed (1/2-3/4” pieces) butternut squash (from 1 large ~4 ½ lb squash)
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 tsp minced fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, thoroughly toss squash with oil and salt. Coat two large cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Spread squash cubes evenly, in a single layer, on prepared cookie sheets. Be sure to leave room between cubes. Roast squash for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir every 15-20 minutes and switch the sheets’ oven positions (to promote even browning) until squash is tender and well browned. Transfer to a serving bowl, toss gently with sage and orange zest.
If you have one, a microplane grater makes quick work of finely grating citrus zest.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 7696mg | Potassium: 4003mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 2490IU | Vitamin C: 200.1mg | Calcium: 660mg | Iron: 20.7mg