Roasted Veggie Salsa Verde
Traditional "green salsa" is a staple on every Mexican table. Now you can easily make your own by roasting tomatillos, onions and peppers for a salsa verde that is to die for!
Servings: 4 cups
- 1 ½ lb tomatillos skins discarded and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 poblano peppers seeded and chopped
- cooking spray
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 TB cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Spread tomatillos, onions, and peppers evenly across both sheets. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring once, until veggies are lightly browned.
- Remove and pulse in a blender or food processor. Stir in cilantro, garlic, and cumin.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 13.1% | Vitamin C: 142.8% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 8.9%