Roasted Tomato & Dill Bisque
This updated version of classic tomato soup gets a fantastic flavor boost from roasting the tomatoes and other veggies first. Pair it with grilled sandwiches for a hearty comfort food meal.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes drained
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 TB sugar
- Cooking spray
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 1 TB minced garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 TB dry sherry
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Toss together 2 cans diced tomatoes, carrot, and onion with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Spread on sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Heat butter over medium heat in a large nonstick soup pot. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute. Add sherry and cook for an additional minute.
- Add roasted veggies, remaining can of tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes for flavors to meld. Add Greek yogurt and puree soup with an immersion blender or in a regular blender. Serve topped with fresh dill.