Roasted Pear Salad with Gorgonzola and Maple-Balsamic Dressing
This gorgeous salad is a perfect dish for holiday entertaining. It combines roasted pears with bitter greens, candied pecans, and my easy homemade vinaigrette for a perfect blend of flavors. Add some chicken to the leftovers for a substantial lunch the next day.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 TB chopped shallot
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Roasted Pear Salad
- 4 pears halved, cored
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup candied pecans
- To make dressing: Stir together shallot, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and salt. Pour oil in slowly, whisking continuously until combined. Dressing can be made up to 3 days before serving. Just bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
- To make salad: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pear half into 5 slices. Toss pear slices with olive oil and lemon juice. Spread on a foil-coated baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for even browning. Let cool to room temperature.
- Toss together arugula and radicchio. Place a heaping cup of greens on each plate and drizzle with 2 TB dressing. Top each salad with 5 pear slices, 1 TB gorgonzola, and 1 TB pecans
You can also make this salad to serve family-style.Toss greens with dressing and place on a large platter.Arrange pear slices on top of dressed greens and garnish with gorgonzola and pecans.
Calories: 2197kcal | Carbohydrates: 179g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 162g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 3474mg | Potassium: 1995mg | Fiber: 27g | Sugar: 123g | Vitamin A: 4405IU | Vitamin C: 64.6mg | Calcium: 716mg | Iron: 5.9mg