Roasted Mushroom & Leek Bisque
Greek yogurt gives creamy mushroom soup a refreshing tang in this super cozy dish. Plus, roasting mushrooms on the side lets you add depth to the recipe without adding time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tsp salt divided
- ¼ tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 cup leek chopped, white and light green sections only (~2 leeks)
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 15 oz can cream of potato soup such as Campbell's condensed
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 TB chives
- Preheat oven to 450.Spread mushrooms on a large cookie sheet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray. Lightly mist top of mushrooms with spray and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Place in lower 1/3of oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Meanwhile heat butter in a large non-stick saucepan. Sauté leeks, stirring often, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until extremely soft. Add garlic and rosemary to pan and heat an additional minute. Add potato soup, lowfat milk, mustard, yogurt and lemon juice to pot. Use an immersion blender to puree mixture (if you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer leeks to a blender, add soup, milk, yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice and puree then return to pot). Bring to a boil, stir in roasted mushrooms and chives, and serve.
This recipe is easily doubled if you’re serving a crowd.
Calories: 742kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 5425mg | Potassium: 3441mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 50.6% | Vitamin C: 18.4% | Calcium: 84.6% | Iron: 30%