Roasted Lemon-Thyme Chicken with Yams & Fennel
This fantastic one-pan wonder gets a huge flavor kick from an easy lemon-thyme marinade. Chicken thighs stay juicy and are wonderful with a mix of tasty roasted veggies. Prep everything ahead of time, spread on a baking sheet, and have dinner ready in a snap!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 small bulbs fennel 1 lb
- 2 medium sweet potatoes 1 lb
- 2 large shallots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Combine garlic, thyme, white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Trim fennel fronds, chop coarsely, and reserve. Cut fennel bulbs into quarters through the core, leaving wedges intact. Cut sweet potatoes and shallots into thin wedges. Toss chicken and veggies with lemon-thyme marinade. Spread evenly across baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies begin to brown.
For additional flavor marinate the mixture overnight before roasting.
Calories: 1123kcal | Carbohydrates: 103g | Protein: 99g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 430mg | Sodium: 5451mg | Potassium: 4136mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 755.5% | Vitamin C: 114.4% | Calcium: 40% | Iron: 55.4%