Roasted Cauliflower with Curry, Chickpeas & Currants
This delicious dish gets its nutty, savory flavor from roasted cauliflower. Mango chutney adds the perfect amount of sweetness. Try it with brown rice or whole wheat couscous, or serve it on its own as a side.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cauliflower heads washed and cut into 1” florets
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 TB pine nuts
- 1 15 oz can chick peas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup currants
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 TB bottled mango chutney such as Major Grey’s
- 2 TB warm water
- 2 scallions whole, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place oven racks in lower 1/3 of oven. Line two standard sized baking pans with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, curry powder, and salt. Spread evenly across baking pans and cook for approximately 1 hour or until cauliflower is well browned (stir and rotate pan positions every 20 minutes for even browning).
- Add pine nuts to one sheet and return to oven for 5 additional minutes to toast. Combine roasted cauliflower, pine nuts, chick peas, currants, and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk together chutney and warm water and pour over cauliflower mixture. Toss to coat and serve warm.
Calories: 1103kcal | Carbohydrates: 139g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 6015mg | Potassium: 2105mg | Fiber: 33g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 42.3% | Vitamin C: 170.8% | Calcium: 34.2% | Iron: 79.3%