Roasted Butternut Squash w Carrots & Thyme
Beautiful fall flavors are brought to the table in this delicious roasted butternut squash and carrot dish. Just a bit of cinnamon and cumin bring out the savory goodness while a little orange zest keeps things bright.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 1/2 cups carrot cut into chunks on the bias
- 3 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 6 medium shallots quartered
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 TB chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Spread carrot, butternut squash, and shallot on prepared pans. Spray with cooking spray and season with cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until well browned, stirring once halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with orange zest and thyme and serve.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 925mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 636.3% | Vitamin C: 47.1% | Calcium: 12% | Iron: 11.8%