Roasted Broccoli with Asian Soy Glaze
Make even the pickiest eater a broccoli fan by roasting it into a crispy, nutty-flavored treat. A simple soy-mirin glaze gives it a great garlicky punch.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head broccoli 1 ¾ lbs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut broccoli into bite sized florets. Trim stalk and slice into ¼” thick disks. Toss broccoli with olive oil and spread across sheet pan.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. While broccoli roasts, whisk together soy sauce, mirin, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooked broccoli and garnish with sesame seeds.
This recipe can easily be doubled. Just be sure to spread the other head of broccoli across a 2nd sheet pan and switch pan positions halfway through cooking time.