Roasted Acorn Squash with Butter & Thyme
Homemade thyme butter is the secret to this hearty, delicious side of roasted acorn squash.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 acorn squash about 1 ½ pounds each, quartered and seeded
- 2 TB unsalted butter melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt preferably kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with nonstick spray. Place squash skin-side down on prepared pan. Brush with about ½ of the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes or until squash is almost tender. Remove from oven; brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with thyme. Roast 15 minutes or until tender and light golden in spots.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1192mg | Potassium: 3033mg | Fiber: 13g | Vitamin A: 84.1% | Vitamin C: 128.5% | Calcium: 31.3% | Iron: 40.3%