Homemade thyme butter is the secret to this hearty, delicious side of roasted acorn squash.
- 2 acorn squash about 1 ½ pounds each, quartered and seeded
- 2 TB unsalted butter melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt preferably kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme leaves
Heat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with nonstick spray. Place squash skin-side down on prepared pan. Brush with about ½ of the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast 30 minutes or until squash is almost tender. Remove from oven; brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with thyme. Roast 15 minutes or until tender and light golden in spots.