- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 15 oz can chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded, diced
- 2/3 cup red onion minced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Combine quinoa, water, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Place quinoa in a large bowl, fluff with a fork, and let cool.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, remaining 1 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper.Pour over quinoa and toss to combine. Fold in chick peas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mint, and parsley. Serve with a lemon wedge.
If this salad is made ahead, it tends to absorb the dressing.Toss with additional lemon juice, salt and pepper to refresh it before serving.