Quick, Easy Clambake
This one-pot clambake is super simple to make, and such a crowd pleaser ... no beachcombing necessary! Enjoy the flavors of New England, no matter where you are!
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 TB cornmeal
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley additional for garnish
- 1 TB Old Bay seasoning
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs mixed baby potatoes rinsed and scrubbed
- 12 oz chicken chorizo sausage fully cooked & sliced
- 4 ears corn husked and halved
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Scrub outsides of clams. Place in a large pot of cold water and add cornmeal to help clams release any grit. Let soak for 15 minutes, remove clams and rinse.
- Heat butter in a large soup or stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tsp salt and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add bay leaf, parsley, garlic, Old Bay and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and increase heat to medium-high. Layer potatoes in bottom of pot on top of onions, top with chicken chorizo slices, top chorizo with corn, and finish with clams. Cover pot and cook for 15-20 minutes or until clams have opened and corn and potatoes are fork tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove clams to a platter. Place corn in a serving bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove chrorizo and potatoes to a serving bowl. Drizzle all with broth from the bottom of the pot and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with remaining broth and lemon wedges on the side.
Calories: 2757kcal | Carbohydrates: 214g | Protein: 108g | Fat: 156g | Saturated Fat: 64g | Cholesterol: 362mg | Sodium: 7290mg | Potassium: 5917mg | Fiber: 28g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 23.3% | Vitamin C: 331.7% | Calcium: 30.2% | Iron: 92.1%